Helping Central Ohio Businesses With Complex Legal Matters
Building a successful business requires skillfully maneuvering countless intricate issues. Whether your company is engaged in a dispute or seeks advice on contract matters, effective legal counsel is crucial for running a successful enterprise.
As litigators and advisers, we at the KM Law Firm take the time to understand your business goals and concerns. From there, we assess your legal options and work diligently to reach a resolution that puts your business in an advantageous position.
How We Can Assist You
Whether you’re launching a new venture or looking to expand your current one, we can guide you along your journey and help you clear any obstacles in your path. In Franklin, Fairfield, Delaware, Logan, or Licking County, we can assist you with:
- Initial filings and permits: We can evaluate the options for prospective business owners and help you establish a corporation, partnership, LLC, or another type of entity based on what works best for your business goals. We can also assist with licensing issues and documents about company governance.
- Beneficial ownership reporting: We can advise and assist your Company to be in compliance with the newly enacted Corporate Transparency Act that was passed by Congress. This new law requires disclosure of the beneficial owners of a company, i.e., the individuals who ultimately own or control the company. Many companies, including small to medium sized businesses, will have to report specific information to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network which is part of the U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Corporate minute book entries: Often overlooked and not maintained. We can draft entries to ensure your corporate books comply with Ohio law.
- Contract review and development: Creating and enforcing legal agreements is essential for every business. When you need to draft or review a contract, we can examine each detail to protect your rights and interests so that you and other parties understand the obligations.
- Buy-sell agreements: The best time to create a succession plan or an arrangement dealing with a sudden change in ownership is before the need arises. We can prepare a buy-sell agreement or another type of legal instrument to set clear instructions if a shareholder or partner needs to leave.
No matter your concern, we can work diligently to seek practical and profitable solutions to help your business thrive. Call us at 614-339-6165 to learn how we can help you with your situation.
Comprehensive Legal Support For Your Ohio Business
A lawsuit can help your business obtain its goals or prevent it from reaching them. We offer attentive and comprehensive support from start to finish. We can provide you with a thorough analysis of applicable statutes and precedents so you can determine the most appropriate methods for protecting your business. Whether you need to litigate, mediate or arbitrate your business dispute, we will work tirelessly to pursue a desirable outcome.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Your business is your lifeblood, and you want to protect it however you can. We can offer the strategic and tailored counsel you need.
Our office is in Columbus, but we take cases across Central Ohio.