Compassionate Representation For Those Accused Of Sex Offenses
A sex crime is one of the most heinous you can face. They can also come with incredibly harsh consequences if you’re convicted.
It doesn’t matter how you wound up facing sex offense charges, we at the KM Law Firm will defend your rights during your criminal trial and do everything we can to reduce or eliminate these charges.
Sex Offenses In The Buckeye State
Ohio considers the following to be sex crimes:
- Rape/sexual assault
- Engaging in or soliciting prostitution
- Child molestation
- Public indecency
- Sexual imposition
- Sexual battery
State prosecutors can be ruthless and unforgiving towards those convicted of sex crimes. Punishments can include a lifetime in prison and registering on the state sex offender list. We understand how high stakes these cases can be, and we can devise a sound legal strategy.
What Should You Do If You Face Sex Offense Accusations?
It’s crucial that you do the following:
- Remain silent: When facing a serious crime like this, it can be tempting to emotionally react to the allegation by denying it or providing an explanation. Doing this is not in your best interests, as authorities can use anything you say against you in court. Wait until you have an attorney present before talking or answering questions from authorities.
- Jot down your recollection of events: If your charge surrounds a single event, try to write down everything you can remember. How you tell your side of the story could be crucial in your case. Include specific details like locations, times, dates and potential witnesses.
- Stay off of social media: Much like speaking publicly about your charges, it’s also crucial to stay off of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and TikTok. Prosecutors could use any of your posts, messages or activity online as evidence they could use against you.
- Contact an attorney: When you face a sex offense charge, call us at 614-339-6165. We can advise you on what steps to take and how to maneuver questions from authorities. We can also offer a compassionate approach to these charges and are here to address any questions or concerns you have.
When your freedom and reputation are on the line like this, you deserve a legal team that will advocate for you and tell your side of the story.
Don’t Wait –Start On Your Defense Today
A sex crime conviction can lead to a lifetime of consequences. We’re here to offer compassionate, strategic and judgement-free guidance.
Our office is based in Columbus. However, we also take cases across Central Ohio.